Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Joining the Living

Holy crap I hate surgery. It is not for the faint of heart. Those old people that get to have one every few years, I feel your pain! And I might add, my surgery was very small. I was not put completely under. I cannot imagine if I was. Basically, I'm a baby. That's not exactly new information, but it has been confirmed. Then to add to the problem, I'm without nurse Darin. As big of a loser as he is in just about every area possible, he was fabulous in this area. Truly wonderful. So to add to the pains of surgery, I got to feel lonely all over again. And then when the kids came back from Darin's yesterday Anna says in a very excited tone, "You know Dad's friend Diane right?! Well she gave him so many birthday presents. All golf one's. So much golf stuff!" Mind, she has a grin on her face the whole time she is telling me this, and I'm thinking, "I wonder how many thousands of dollars it's going to take Diane to replace all of the golf stuff I destroyed." Then Aliese says with a not so excited look, "They're REALLY GOOD friends. They're on the phone all the time." She sighs and leaves. She's not dumb. She never has been.

So to fill you all in, last Thursday, I endured a uterine fibroid embolization. Basically, the surgeon went in and cut off the blood supply to the fibroid. Over time the fibroid will shrink and cause me less problems, hopefully no problems, and I still get to keep my uterus. And since you're all so confident I'm going to meet prince charming any day now and live happily ever after, I'll want that uterus. I really would love another baby. Sounds crazy after everything I've been through, but there you have it, I think about babies. Gracie is so old lately it's downright depressing. She wants to learn how to read. I ordered a packet of games that might be able to teach her to read. I might just teach her the way I taught Anna. It seems so much easier. The book I used with Anna is "How to Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons". We didn't get through all 100 lessons. She's a great reader, and the stupid public school system was much easier for Anna to navigate than it was for Aliese, and I attribute that to teaching her how to read.

I was in the process, and might start back up today, of compiling a blog of stuff to sell. I have so much stuff. I'm tired of my stuff. Too much stuff. Some of it, or rather most of it, is really nice stuff, but it is too much. I plan on moving into a small 2 bedroom apartment in March and taking as little as possible with me. If you know of any minimalist books that would motivate me, let me know. I want to embrace the concept of minimalism. You know, the Little House on the Prairie kind of life. One outfit for week days, one for Sundays. One dish for each person, one toy for each child. Doesn't that sound nice? Don't worry, I'm not going that far, even though the challenge is tempting. So much less to take care of.

One of the many miracles in my life as of late--we found a home for Rylee. Such a blessing. Can I just tell you all--I DON'T MISS HER!!! That's all I have the energy to say right now. Animal lovers are truly saints. I'm not a saint. That's about all there is to say about that.

I'm getting tired. I don't last for very long. My hands are a little tingly for instance. Why are they tingly? I haven't taken the wonderful Percaset since last night. I need to go. Love you all. Keep praying for me. There isn't a prayer said in this world for me that I don't need.

7 comments:

  1. OHhhh rebecca, I'm so sorry Darin is such an ass hole, and that his whore is such an idiot. Does Aliese read your comments? I think I'm going to call you right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Rebecca, I think we all knew this time would come but it sure doesn't make it any easier. I'm glad the surgery is over and that you are recurperating. I'm glad you felt well enough to blog! I am really busy being stupid, I'm making Lizzie an infant car cover, an act to never be repeated! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy's comment is funny. I love you so much. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Rebecca, you sound so blue. I think when I have kids I'll have to ask you about that reading book. You will meet someone and it will be amazing. I don't know when, but it will happen and it will be so much better. You will be amazed and it won't ever end. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Rebecca, surgery is always surgery and it is invasive is that a word? Anyway you get the meaning, it is an unnatural happening to the body. I don't think I will ever get over this tendon surgery and it was minor, but the rehab is loooooooong and trying. Amy is always right on and usually so funny, I laughed out loud. I was put out completly though and it takes days to get that out of the system. I am sorry that you are having such a time with the whole thing. I will be praying more for you, we pray each night for you and the girls. Your mom asked me what to do with the blue harvest dinnerware. I told her I didn't care, but Ed Jr said maybe someone in the family would want it. So I am thinking about it, and I will call my sister, Linda she has some, and maybe Crystal will want it. So when your mom comes she can bring it back. As For meeting prince charming??? You just need to go on with your life and then things will work out. Time does wonderful things for us all and it is on your side. I do know that the Gospel is true and you are a wonderful sweet woman and you will know when the time is right and the man. I love you very much and grandpa sends his love. grams

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sister Amy, she rocks! Tell it like it is...
    I'm sending recovery vibes your way.
    We have been living for over two months with almost EVERYTHING packed up and stacked in the garage. We have our home for sell and had to minimalize for 'staging' the home to sell. So now two months later I miss my pictures on the wall and the kids miss some of their toys... but other than that I really don't remember what all is out there. Hmmmmm, time to purge I think. Good luck with your move... I am not a fan of the whole moving process. But, take time to recover and don't over do it... then worry about the move in a month.
    Love ya girlie...

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohmigosh! amy does and HAS ALWAYS crack[ed] me up!!!!! And I second what she said! I have a great minimalist organization book I got from Education Week last year. It is called "It's Here... Somewhere" by Alice fulton-Osborne and Pauline Hatch. It is full of tons of great ideas. The formatting of the book is messy and visually unappealing, but don't let that put you off. It's a great resource and sounds like exactly what you're looking for. It focuses on streamlining and paring down. I am glad you get to keep your uterus. I don't know about Prince Charming or whatnot, but I promise you that you will find happiness again if you do your best to live close to the Spirit and forgive. I know that's a tall order. I've been working on that for 31 years with my dad and I'm still not there yet. The progress is slow, sometimes we slip, and it always comes in teeny weeny baby steps, but I promise that happiness is there for us when we're ready for it. Love you.

    ReplyDelete