Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Miracles Happen Everyday and Somtimes Two Days in a Row

You're all dying to know the miracle that has happened in my life. And let me tell you, it doesn't come more miraculous than this. Not even Elijah and the priests of Baal (just read that story with the children tonight, so it is fresh in my mind, I promise I don't regularly compare my life with Old Testament stories, even though that would be cool, don't you think?). The miracle is....drum roll please.......I woke up at 8:00 AM this morning and yesterday. Now even though that is extremely impressive for me, I also...drum roll again...a little longer...I got out of bed at 8:00 AM (maybe 8:04,or 8:05 but still...)!!!!!!! I greeted the day within one or two hours that most people get up that don't have a hangover. I'm feeling very responsible, kind of normal and like I almost fit in with the rest of the world.

Seriously though, the gospel doctrine class was very inspiring on Sunday. During my evening prayers I was very worried about Gracie. She is struggling more than any of us lately. She asks when we are all going to live together again, prays that we'll be able to live together soon, and the like. (Damn that Darin, damn him straight to hell.) So anyway I was praying about her, for her, and it came again (as it has many times), "Get yourself on a schedule, and GET UP!" All of the sudden I knew He was right. Gracie needs as many reliable things in her life as possible to combat the unreliableness (what a great word)of her stupid father. So I became desperate, truly desperate, and explained my weaknesses, my frailties and failures in the getting up department. I begged for mercy and help. I pleaded for a miracle. I turned on my alarm and lied down and again and into my head it goes, "Set it for 7:30, but get up at 8:00". Okay. So I did it. Sigh. Genius. Inspired (obviously). If I plan to get up at 8:00 but the alarm goes off at 7:30, I get to sleep in 3 times!!! The snooze gets hit 3 times and I get to feel indulgent 3 times! I've always liked the in and out of consciousness part of sleep. I do a lot of my thinking and pondering in that time. I've received inspiration during my sleeping in periods when I'm half awake. So now I plan to sleep in. I truly cannot express the miracle it is that I've woken up so early two times in a row, and how much I hope it happens a third. With that I really need to go to bed. Goodnight.

6 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you. If you ever need more help getting up in the morning, you can borrow my children for 30 days. Isn't it 30 days that makes something into a habit??

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! Lizzie's comment makes me laugh. Anyway- I'm SO PROUD OF YOU! That's amazing! You are so spiritual and inspired. I'm so sorry it's been hard with Gracie lately. Poor girl. I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of you for getting up so early! That is a really hard thing to do! I am so sorry about Gracie, I will say specific prayers for her- I love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for you and I think that is a miracle that you are able to get up. I have such a hard time with it now, but I arose early each and every morning when the kids were home. I will pray for little Gracie that she will understand and accept the differences in her life. I pray for you and I love you. Hugs and kisses grams

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Rebecca. As a girl who almost didn't graduate from beauty school, because she slept in and missed SO MUCH class and had to start going to night school, because of it and STILL continued sleeping late- I can totally and COMPLETELY understand what an accomplishment this is. I love you. I am SO happy for you. I'm glad you've received some answers and are going for it. It's true, if we're trying our hardest, God gives us the rest. I've experienced it with other things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad you have figured out what you need to do for Gracie. I think that always helps with kids, and all of us for that matter to have order. She needs something she can depend on that is consistent. I love you, you are so spiritual and doing what Heavenly Father has asked so he will continue to give you answers and help you through this. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete